ESO financial aid
The majority of ESO activities are free but some require participants to cover the cost of their travel/accommodation and others require a small registration fee or admission fee.
ESO is committed to providing top quality education to as many people as possible; we recognize that everyone’s situation is different and would like to ensure that cost is not a barrier.
The Domietta Del Drago fellowship fund was established in January 2020 in her memory and has the scope of providing financial aid to doctors and nurses who have successfully passed the selection process for one of ESO’s educational programmes, but have difficulties in covering the cost of their participation.
In order to qualify for ESO Financial Aid you must already be accepted to participate in an ESO activity (competitive application events only).
Priority will be given to:
• participants of the Clinical Masterclass in Oncology & the Certificate of Competence Programme.
• people coming from ESO’s geographical reach (Europe, Eastern Europe, Balkan, Baltic, Eurasia, Mediterranean & Latin America)
• members of ESO’s College – ESCO.
• those willing to help ESO promote its activities in the future.
If you would like to request financial aid please send us the following documents:
• Completed financial aid request form
• A motivation letter explaining your current working/financial situation and why you would benefit from receiving ESO financial aid.
• Current CV
You might be asked to provide proof of your monthly income.
Financial Aid requests can be made throughout the year. ESO will access each request and applicants will be informed of their decision as soon as possible.
If accepted, the following procedure applies:
• Financial aid for travel/accommodation costs - travel/accommodation must be booked and paid for by the participant in advance. The granted financial aid will be paid to the participant after the event. You can request that ESO covers all your travel/accommodation costs or just part of them.
• Financial aid for Admission fees - Financial aid for admission fees can be for the full fee or partial. If aid is granted the full or partial admission fee will be waived by ESO.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.