E-learning, in particular the use of the learning platform, is introducing a new aspect in computer literacy. With regard to the usability and navigation within the learning platform, special measures and concepts were taken to prevent disadvantages in the learning process. In order to reflect personal computer literacy skills and system requirements appropriate criteria were formulated.
Basic computer and Internet skills in order to successfully complete the Programme
- Knowledge of terminology, such as browser, application, etc.
- Understanding of basic computer hardware and software; ability to perform computer operations, such as:
- Using keyboard and mouse
- Managing files and folders: save, name, copy, move, backup, rename, delete, check properties
- Security and virus protection
- Using software applications, such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, email clients
- Knowledge of saving files in different formats
- Sending and downloading attachments
- Internet skills (connecting, accessing, using browsers) and ability to perform online research, using various search engines and library
- Ability to use online communication tools, such as email, discussion boards, messengers.
Unlimited access to a MAC computer or PC:
- Broadband Internet access (Digital Subscriberline DSL/Cable/LAN)
- System Memory (RAM): 256 MB or higher
- Webcamera (WebCam) and Headset
- Sound: 16-bit sound card or higher
The following software applications must be installed on your computer:
- Office Software
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher, or FireFox 3.0 or higher for PC users
- Safari 3+ for Mac users
- Pop-up blockers disabled;
- Flash plugin installed.