Washington, United States of America
Cancer on the internet 2006 Award
The Cancer on the Internet Award 2006 will be given at the 3rd International Conference on Cancer on the Internet to which the first and the second prize winners will be invited. Further information on the Award are available here.
The Third International Conference will focus on helping participants to identify and pursue novel ideas for the use of the Internet during the management of cancer, from prevention to end-of-life care.
In keeping with the New York Statement, which was drafted and refined in the previous conferences, the Fourth Conference will enable mutual learning and the development of joint efforts among innovators interested in using the Internet to deal with inequitable access to services, information overload, inefficient research, inappropriate practice patterns and the limited availability of resources for the management of cancer, worldwide.
Health professionals, researchers, educators, policy makers, managers, government officials, industry representatives and members of the public interested in innovative ways to use the Internet to improve the management of cancer, worldwide.
- DEALING WITH INFORMATION OVERLOAD: THE NEXT GENERATION OF ONLINE CANCER INFORMATION SERVICES
- SUPPORTING PEOPLE THROUGH THE CANCER CONTINUUM: FROM PREVENTION TO END-OF-LIFE CARE
- IMPROVING THE PATIENT-HEALTH PROFESSIONAL RELATIONSHIP
- TRANSLATING NEW TOOLS INTO EFFICIENT SERVICES AND BEST PRACTICES
- INTEGRATING CANCER RESEARCH ACTIVITIES
- REACHING THE UNDER-SERVED
- KEEPING THE FINGER ON THE PULSE OF INNOVATION: WHAT NEXT?
The conference will be held within the UICC World Cancer Conference (8-12 July 2006, Washington DC, US)
Venue: Renaissance Washington, DC Hotel (999 Ninth Street NW, Washington, DC - Auditorium, Meeting room level).
For more information please contact:
ESO Bellinzona Office
IOSI, Ospedale Reg. Bellinzona e Valli
CH-6500 Bellinzona, Switzerland
Tel: +41 91 811 8050; fax +41 91 811 8051