COURSES AND SEMINARS
FORMAT OF THE EVENT
The five-day programme covers all spectrums of oncology, including clinical picture, staging, prognostic factors, surgery, radiotherapy, systemic therapy, presentation and discussion of clinical cases. Participants will take tests on a daily basis.
- Introduction to biology of cancer
- Paraneoplastic syndromes
- Oncological emergencies
- Paediatric, adolescence and young adult oncology
- Basics in radiation oncology
- Basics in systemic treatment (chemotherapy, hormonotherapy, immunotherapy)
- Basics in surgical oncology
- Supportive and palliative care
- Introduction to clinical trials
- Breast cancer
- Gynaecological cancers (ovarian, uterus, cervix)
- Lung cancer
- Gastrointestinal cancers (gastric, colorectal, pancreas, hepatobiliary)
- Urogenital cancers (prostate, testicular)
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
European School of Oncology Bellinzona Office
Ospedale Regionale Bellinzona e Valli
CH-6500 Bellinzona, Switzerland
Tel: +41 91 811 8050
Fax: +41 91 811 8051
ESO IN THE BALKANS AND MIDDLE EAST
Prof. Nicholas Pavlidis
School of Medicine
Department of Medical Oncology
University Hospital of Ioannina
GR-45110 Ioannina, Greece
Tel and Fax: +30 26510 99394
The three participants with the highest score at the course exams will have the opportunity to be assigned an ESO
The Fellowship consists in support for the recipient to spend one month training at the department of the core
faculty member of his/her choice.
• An association representing students from individual medical faculties in geographical Europe
• Currently uniting over 65 medical faculties, in 23 different countries across Europe
• Politically neutral, non-governmental and independent, non-profit organisation
• Founded in 1991 in Brussels, Belgium
The European Medical Students’ Association (EMSA) seeks to improve the health and quality of care of the citizens
of Europe, by acting as a conduit for increased interaction and sharing of knowledge between European medical
students in the areas of medical education, ethics, science and European integration.
The Journal of EMSA on Medical and Scientific Affairs, JEMSA, is a European journal in English language open to
students and young doctors from all fields of medicine and related research. JEMSA holds a unique place in
publishing European medical students' scientific articles and other papers, since the journal is edited and produced
by medical students for medical students. We have an author helpful policy and offer assistance to less
experienced authors, assisting authors in the preparation of their manuscripts for the peer review process. For
more information please contact JEMSA Editor-in-Chief: firstname.lastname@example.org
A presentation of EMSA and the Journal of EMSA is scheduled during the course.
The organisers bear no responsibility for untoward events in connection with, before, during and after the
conference. Participants are strongly advised to take out their own personal and travel insurance coverage.
HOW TO REACH IOANNINA
By airplane from Athens (50-minute flight) with Olympic or Aegean Airlines.
By boat from Ancona or Brindisi (Italy) to Igoumenitsa Port (Greece) - by bus to Ioannina (1-hour drive, 80 km)
By bus from Athens or Thessaloniki (5/6-hour drive, 400 km).