COURSES AND SEMINARS
Chair: A. Cervantes, ES
Co-chairs: N. Pavlidis, GR - S. Banerjee, UK
The five-day residential course, which is free of charge, is open to fourth and fifth year medical students and will focus on medical oncology. The course will provide an insight into all aspects of medical oncology, enabling students to get a full picture of this challenging and interesting professional field before making the choice of their specialization.
The condensed high-standard educational programme aims to motivate medical students to choose medical oncology as a career.
• To provide an insight into medical oncology, filling the gap in the medical student’s curriculum
• To present and discuss clinical cases with a multidisciplinary approach
• To start a dialogue with the student community through a tailor-made course enhancing and broadening medical students’ education and learning experience
• A practical approach to cancer diagnosis, staging, prognosis and therapy
• Principles of medical therapy for cancer
• Breast cancer
• Colorectal cancer
• Ovarian cancer
• Lung cancer
• Prostate cancer
• Renal cell carcinoma
• Five-day residential course
• Open to fourth and fifth year medical students
• Interactive teaching
• Free online access to educational course material
• A final ‘test your knowledge’ exam
The Course on
The Course is held
European Society for Medical Oncology
Doris Vola, Education Department
Via Luigi Taddei 4
6962 Viganello-Lugano, Switzerland
Ph +41 91 973 1903 - Fx +41 91 973 1902 - e-mail: email@example.com
The course will be held at the Medical School of the University of Valencia, Spain.
University of Valencia
Av. Blasco Ibanez, 13
Tel: +34 963 86 41 00
The university is situated nine kilometres from Valencia International Airport (also known as Manises Airport).
It comprises three campuses: Burjassot-Paterna, Tarongers and Blasco Ibáñez, where the medical college is located. The Blasco Ibanez campus can be reached by taking the underground train (line 3) and getting off at Facultats or by bus by taking the EMT buses marked 9, 10, 12, 29, 30, 31, 70, 71, 80, 81, 89, and 90.
If you need a visa letter, please contact the ESMO Head Office
Forty medical students will be selected on a competitive basis. All participants will receive free registration.
TRAVEL AND TRAVEL GRANT
Each student must arrange his/her own travel. ESMO will reimburse participants with a grant of 200 euros after the course.
BEST STUDENT'S AWARD
The participant with the highest score at the course exam will be offered the opportunity to partecipate to the next ESMO Congress on a free basis (ESMO will cover registration, accommodation and travel).
The organisers bear no responsibility for any untoward events in connection with, before, during and after the course. Participants are strongly advised to take out their own personal and travel coverage.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
• A unique opportunity to gain clear insight into the medical oncology field before selecting your specialisation
• Lectures are designed to ensure interaction between participants and the faculty – enabling you to learn in a more dynamic and stimulating context
• The format will include several clinical case discussions to put data into perspective for clinical practice
• Meet, network and discuss with international experts in oncology
• Share experiences and network with other international students, all focused on identifying their future profession
• Certificate of attendance
Special thanks to the following association for their co-operation in the promotion of the course
| ||EMSA is the European Medical Students' Association, with a network of over 100 Faculties from 27 countries across Europe. |
EMSA was founded in Brussels in 1991. It integrates medical students in Europe through activities organized for and by medical students and representing them in Brussels. EMSA seeks to improve the health and quality of care of the citizens of Europe, by acting as a conduit of increased interaction and sharing of knowledge between European medical students in the areas of medical education, ethics, science and European integration.
For more information, please visit: www.emsa-europe.eu
S. Banerjee, London, UK
J.C.H. Boluda, Barcelona, ES
F. Cardoso, Lisbon, PT
A. Cervantes, Valencia, ES
R. Dziadziuszko, Gdansk, PL
A. Horwich, Sutton, UK
J. Martin-Broto, Sevilla, ES
E. Martinelli, Naples, IT
O. Michielin, Lausanne, CH
D. Olmos Hidalgo, Madrid, ES
N. Pavlidis, Ioannina, GR
R.A. Stahel, Zurich, CH
THE PRELIMINARY PROGRAMME IS AVAILABLE HERE