Eurasia and Baltic Region programme
Committee 2019-2020: Anton Barchuck, FI - Evgeniya Kharchenko, RU - Tatiana Semiglazova, RU - Sergei Tjulandin, RU - Ilya Tsimafeyeu, RU
Chairs: Fedro A. Peccatori, IT - Maria Del Grande, CH
The Eurasia Programme represents a challenging initiative that aims to create a specific programme for Baltic and Eurasian countries. In these areas particular attention is given to the selection of priorities that correspond to the specific need of each of the countries and of the societies involved.
The main aim is to focus and to organise teaching educational courses on cancer types which are considered a priority issue for the population of each country, and to convene participants from all these countries and address of a variety of medical communities including specialised doctors, nurses, as well as hospital managers and administrators. An investment in organising educational activities that take into consideration epidemiology, prevention, early detection and treatment can strongly reduce mortality in cancer and cancer related diseases.
The Eurasia Programme intends to be a centre of diffusion for the expertise and latest knowledge in the field of cancer prevention and cure throughout the Eurasian countries, developing a web of scientific relationships and collaborations between cancer specialists in Europe and Asian countries.
The following educational events have been organised:
- 7-8 February 2019, Visiting Professorship Meeting on Cancer of Unknown Primary and Cancer Education/Career Development in Oncology, Novgorod, Russian Federation
- 22 June 2019, ESO Session at White Nights Congress: Current issues of gastrointestinal tumors treatment, Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation
- 11-14 July 2019, Baltic and Eurasia Masterclass in Clinical Oncology, Minsk, Belarus
- 15-16 August 2019, Visiting Professorship Meeting on Advances in Gastrointestinal Oncology, Sevastopol (Crymea), Russian Federation
- 2-3 September 2019, A Medical Oncology review on Breast Cancer and Malignant Melanoma: disease description, therapeutic guidelines and clinical cases discussion, Krasnodar, Russian Federation
- 13 November 2019, ESO-RUSSCO Session: Cancer of Unknown Primary: A Diagnostic and Therapeutic Dilemma, Moscow, Russian Federation
- 25 June 2020, ESO Session at White Nights Congress: How to optimally approach rare cancers?, Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation
- 9-12 July 2020, ESO-ESMO Baltic and Eurasia Masterclass in Clinical Oncology, Tallinn, Estonia
- 3-5 September 2020, Multidisciplinary Visiting Professorship Meeting on Breast Cancer, Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation
- 12 November 2020, ESO-RUSSCO Session: Title to be decided, Moscow, Russian Federation
The European School of Oncology wishes to express its gratitude to the ESO Ambassadors who have committed themselves to help promote the school’s activities in their respective country.
For further information regarding these programmes please contact: