Latin America programme
Coordinator: M.S. Aapro, CH
It was with pleasure and gratefulness for the consideration of the local community as well as the Masterclass core faculty that in 2015 ESO reintroduced activities in Latin America with the organisation of the first ESO-ESMO Latin-American Masterclass.
The traditional format and admission procedure applies but special attention is devoted to the specific needs of the targeted audience.
The Masterclass is the most structured ESO educational activity whose format has been established and presented in Europe and beyond for over a decade. The success of the teaching method has been confirmed by the events held also in other parts of the world, such as in Eastern Europe and Balkan Region, in Arab countries as well as in the discipline-oriented courses.
As for all Masterclasses, the number of participants is limited and admission is by competitive application only.
Admitted participants are granted free registration and Half-board accommodation for the duration of the Masterclass.
The following ESO-ESMO Latin-American Masterclasses in Clinical Oncology have been organised:
- 25-29 April 2015, Latin-American Masterclass in Clinical Oncology, São Paulo, Brazil
- 27 April - 1 May 2016, 2nd ESO-ESMO Latin-American Masterclass in Clinical Oncology, Bogotà, Colombia
- 26-30 April 2017, 3rd ESO-ESMO Latin-American Masterclass in Clinical Oncology, San Jose, Costa Rica
- 18-22 April 2018, 4th ESO-ESMO Latin-American Masterclass in Clinical Oncology, Mexico City, Mexico
- 3-7 April 2019, 5th ESO-ESMO Latin-American Masterclass in Clinical Oncology, Lima, Peru
- 22-26 April 2020, 6th ESO-ESMO Latin-American Masterclass in Clinical Oncology, Buenos Aires, Argentina
For further information regarding these programme please contact:
Latin America Programme