The Advanced Masterclass will be mainly based on clinical cases covering the majority of diseases and pharmaceutical cases which can occur in the clinical setting. Some cases will be focused on less common cancer entities such as haematological malignancies, paediatric cancer, cancer of geriatric patients, treatment of patients with organ dysfunctions (renal, liver, cardiac, etc.) and rare cancers.
The hematopoietic stem cell transplant patients shall be also covered. Clinical cases should familiarise the oncology pharmacist to complex situations where pharmaceutical expertise is required to improve the treatment (toxicities and their management, symptom management, drug interactions of anticancer agents, management of side-effects, etc.), oncological emergencies and patient counseling.
Current practice, recent advances and emerging therapies as well as case studies highlighting pertinent issues shall be introduced. Pharmaceutical situation shall also refer to the content of prior levels like problems concerning drug stability, physico-chemical compatibility and their possible effects on the patient’s therapy.
• Improve expertise to actively participate with the medical team to the initial management of a cancer patient
• Improve skills to inform the medical and nursing team on all relevant information about new anticancer treatments, their administration and side-effects
• Learn how to manage potential side-effects of the treatment by the definition of an appropriate prevention plan and their follow-up
• Improve skills in establishing appropriate informative plans on treatments for patients and their relatives
• Clinical cases covering the majority of the diseases and pharmaceutical cases that can occur in the clinical setting
• The hematopoietic stem cell transplant patient and other complex situations
• Toxicities and symptom management
• Drug interactions of anticancer agents
• Oncological emergencies
• Patient counseling
• Clinical trials
• Collective prescription process
• Drug and therapeutic committee
|The Advanced Masterclass in Oncology Pharmacy is an|
ESOP-ESO joint event
ESOP Membershipservice - c/o DGOP e.V
Petra Janssen, firstname.lastname@example.org, ph +49 40 466500300
Vip Executive Art’s Hotel
Av. D. Joao II, No. 47
For further information click here.
The official language of the meeting is English.
CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE
Participants will be awarded with a certificate of attendance, following appropriate evaluation of the knowledge acquired during the Course they attend.