Collaborating university: Università della Svizzera italiana
The first edition of the Certificate of Advanced Studies in Gynecological cancers will begin in August 2023 and is the first competence programme to focus on advancing the knowledge and science in the management of patients affected by gynaecological cancers.
This programme, which is offered on a part-time basis over 17 months, is divided into three seminars and six online modules.
Upon successful completion of the programme and after passing the final exam, participants will obtain an academic certificate issued by the European School of Oncology and the Università della Svizzera italiana assigning 14 European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System Points (ECTS) and equalling a work load of 381 didactic hours and a diploma supplement issued by the Università della Svizzera italiana.
LINK TO THE PLATFORM HERE.
The program is designed for medical doctors (medical oncology, radiation oncology, radiology, nuclear medicine or pathology), and surgeons who are engaged in the field of oncology and/or gynaecology, especially in the field of gynaecological cancers.
- Medical doctors:
- Master degree from an accredited college or university in medicine or an equivalent degree at the level of state examination in medicine and have had at least two years residency training in gyneocology in a relevant institution.
- The following additional achievements will increase the assessment rate of the application:
- Further professional experience related to the course of studies
- Completion of an additional qualification in oncology and/or gynaecology (specialist training as a physician or international equivalent)
- Publications, as evidenced by cumulative impact factors greater than 10
- At least one year of relevant oncological experience in a foreign country
Admission to the Certificate of Advanced Studies in Gynaecological cancers programme will be by competitive application only and the selection will be based on the eligibility criteria and on the selection procedure.
Complete applications will be considered if received with all required documents and within the deadline. Attendance is limited to 25 participants per cohort.
The selection will be based on completed application documents and on the eligibility criteria.
Decisions on admissions are made by the appointed Programme Chair.
To obtain the Certificate of Advanced Studies in Gynaecological cancers, it will be compulsory that participants will attend all seminars and modules according to the provided time-line.
The organisers bear no responsibility for untoward events in relation to the participation in the seminars. Participants are advised to take out their own personal and travel insurance coverage.
In keeping with the ESO mission, the cost of the Cas-Gyn programme is generously subsidized by the European School of Oncology (ESO).
The tuition fee which remains to be paid by each participant is EUR 5.400.
In a further effort to make the cost of this programme accessible to professionals living in emerging economies, a discounted fee of EUR 3.000 will be applied to residents of lower and middle income countries as defined by The World Bank.
The tuition fee includes:
- Access to the modules via a dedicated online platform
- Access to the in-person seminars foreseen by the programme, including registration for the indicated congresses and accommodation (ESGO Congress 2023, ESMO Congress 2024, CAS-Gyn stand alone seminar 2025)
- Access to all exams required by the programme
The tuition fee does not include:
- Travel to the in-person seminars
Cancellation of participation in the programme should be submitted in writing. A refund of the tuition fee will be considered if the programme has not started yet and on a case by case basis.
Andrea Papadia, CH
Cristiana Sessa, CH
Nicoletta Colombo, IT
Andrea Papadia, CH
Mansoor Mirza, DK
Zoia Razumova, SE
Ana Oaknin, ES
Stephanie De Boer, NL
Ignacio Zapardiel, ES
Maaike Oonk, NL
Fedro Peccatori, IT
Ilaria Colombo, CH
Cristiana Sessa, CH
Maria Kfoury, FR
Conceptual Development and Organization
Mina Curcic, CH
Alexandra Zampetti, CH
Application & programme time-line
Application deadline: 1 March 2023
Programme start: August 2023, Introductory Zoom meeting
Seminar 1: 26 – 29 October, 2023, ESGO Congress, Istanbul, Turkey
Seminar 2: September 2024, ESMO Congress, TBC
Seminar 3 and programme conclusion: January 2025, Lugano, Switzerland
For further information please contact email@example.com