ADVANCED COURSES & SEMINARS
Educational Committee: J. Eriksen, DK - N. Pavlidis, GR - S. Sandrucci, IT - J.B. Vermorken, BE
Local Organisers: S. Sandrucci, IT - U. Ricardi, IT
• Ten working days
• The programme covers all aspects of oncology
• Theoretical plenary sessions of maximum 2 hours
• Case presentations
• Daily two-hour practical sessions in small groups (labs, ward visits, etc)
• Preparation in small working groups of a presentation on a specific topic under the supervision of a teacher. The last day will be devoted to the project presentations delivered by the students (compulsory) Students are requested to bring their laptops to the course
• The official language is English - students must be fluent in English
By the end of the course participants should:
• Have a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of oncology
• Get a clear picture of the complexity and importance of the multidisciplinary approach to cancer treatment
• Prepare a specific topic related to the theoretical and/or practical sessions and present it to plenary audience
• History, epidemiology, genetics, dia-gnostics, treatment principles and therapeutic approaches, prevention and screening
• Communication with the patient
• Breast cancer
• Colorectal cancer
• Gastro-intestinal cancers
• Genito-urinary cancers
• Gynaecological cancers
• Head and neck cancer
• Lung cancer
• Sarcoma and melanoma
|The course is held in collaboration with|
J. Grau Eriksen, ESTRO Representative, Odense University Hospital, Odense, DK
N. Pavlidis, ESO Representative, School of Medicine University of Ioannina, Greece, GR
S. Sandrucci, ESSO representative, Università degli Studi di Torino, Turin, IT
J. Vermorken, Medical Oncologist, Antwerp University Hospital, Antwerp, BE
A. Baildam, A., Surgical Oncologist, King Edward VII’s Hospital London & The Alexandra Hospital and The Christie Clinic, Manchester, UK
G. Borst, Radiation Oncologist, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, NL
J. De Grève, Medical Oncologist, UZ Brussels (VUB), Brussels, BE
D. Nevens, Radiation Oncologist, University Hospitals Leuven - campus Gasthuisberg, BE
S. Sandrucci, Surgical Oncologist, Università degli Studi di Torino, Turin, IT
D. Schrijvers, Medical Oncologist, Antwerp University Hospital, Antwerp, BE
J. Vermorken, Medical oncologist, Antwerp University Hospital, Antwerp, BE
S. Sandrucci, Full Professor of Surgical Oncology, Università degli Studi di Torino, Turin, IT
U. Ricardi, Dean of the University of Turin and ESTRO President, Turin, IT
Rue Martin V 40 - 1200 Brussels - Belgium
Direct tel: +32 2 775 93 43 - Gen. tel: +32 2 775 93 40
To attend the summer school, you will need to submit your application accompanied by the following material:
• A short CV (max 1 page) describing your education and indicating your level of spoken English.
• A motivation letter explaining why you wish to attend the course.
Applications are now open!
The appplication submission deadline is 30 May 2019. If you have an ESTRO account, please upload your application HERE. If not, please create an account HERE.
•Selected participants will benefit from free registration, lunches and accommodation.
•It is mandatory to attend the course for the entire duration in order to receive course credits.
•The course will start on Monday 26 August 2019 at 09:00 and end on Friday 6 September 2019 at 17:00.
Participants should arrive on Sunday 25 August 2019 in the afternoon. A welcome reception will be organised by the host institute in the evening.