Collaborating university: Università della Svizzera italiana
Chairs: Silke Gillessen Sommer, CH; Ursula Vogl, CH
The first edition of the Certificate of Advanced Studies in Prostate cancer will begin in 2023 and is the first competence programme to focus on the improvement of both the clinical and scientific capability of oncologists, ensuring better-quality management of patients with prostate cancer.
This programme, which will be offered on a part-time basis over 17 months, is divided into three in-person seminars and six online modules.
Upon successful completion of the programme and after passing the final exam, participants will obtain an academic certificate issued by the European School of Oncology and the Università della Svizzera italiana and a diploma supplement issued by the Università della Svizzera italiana.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 1 OCTOBER 2022
Admission and Elegibility
The CAS-Pr program is designed for medical doctors (medical oncology, radiation oncology, radiology, nuclear medicine or pathology) and surgeons, but it is equally accessible to graduates in natural sciences, who are engaged in the field of oncology and/or urology, especially in the field of prostate cancer.
- Medical doctors: Master degree from an accredited college or university (e.g. state examination in medicine) in medicine or an equivalent degree at the level of state examination in medicine and have had at least two years residency training in a relevant institution.
- Natural scientists: Master degree from an accredited college or university in a course of studies in natural sciences or an equivalent degree at the level of at least three years of studies or in a course of studies with essentially the same contents at an accredited college or university and at least two years of professional experience in oncology.
The following additional achievements will increase the assessment rate of the application:
- Further professional experience related to the course of studies
- Completion of an additional qualification in oncology and/or urology (specialist training as a physician or international equivalent)
- Publications, as evidenced by cumulative impact factors greater than 10
- At least one year of relevant oncological experience in a foreign country
Admission to the Certificate of Advanced Studies in Prostate cancer programme will be by competitive application only and the selection will be based on the eligibility criteria and on the selection procedure.
Complete applications will be considered if received with all required documents and within the deadline. Attendance is limited to 25 participants per cohort.
The selection will be based on completed application documents and on the eligibility criteria.
Decisions on admissions are made by the appointed Programme Chair.
To obtain the Certificate of Advanced Studies in Prostate cancer, it will be compulsory that participants will attend all seminars and modules according to the provided time-line.
The organisers bear no responsibility for untoward events in relation to the participation in the seminars. Participants are advised to take out their own personal and travel insurance coverage.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 1 OCTOBER 2022
Please apply online (at the top of this page) and provide the following documents:
Before you start completing the online application form, please be sure you have all the requested files as outlined below ready to be uploaded to the system. Online applications will not be complete unless all the files are uploaded.
- Application supplement (template available HERE)
- Curriculum vitae outlining previous education and professional experience
- Copy of master’s degree or equivalent degree in medicine or natural sciences or any other study programme covering the same contents in the original language and a certified English translation
- Copy of transcript of records of the examinations taken during the master’s degree programme in the original language and a certified English translation
- If the point above is not applicable, please provide a record of all study achievements and examination results obtained in the course of studies until the application deadline
- Employment verification/reference letters accounting for professional experience in oncology
- Personal statement, which explains why you believe you are eligible for this programme and how and why it will further support your intended career
- Supporting documents to verify additional qualifications
The tuition fee is EUR 5.400. A discounted fee of EUR 3.000 is implemented and made available to participants from low, lower middle and upper middle-income economies as defined by The World Bank.
The tuition fee includes:
- Access to the modules via a dedicated online learning platform
- Access to seminars foreseen by the programme, including registration and accommodation
- Access to all exams required by the programme
The fee is payable in two deposits of EUR 2.700/EUR 1.500.
Cancellation should be submitted in writing and a refund of the first deposit payment will be processed when cancellation is notified by 30 May 2023.
Application & programme time-line
|Application deadline||1 October 2022|
|Notification of admission to applicant by ESO||12 December 2022|
|First tuition invoice due||15 February 2023|
|Programme start||10-13 March, 2023|
|Second tuition payment due||30 June 2023|
For further information please contact email@example.com